No inssurance but need something that actually works....

I believe I have a urinary tract infection but cant go to the doctore cause of no inssurance so Im wondering if there is anything over the counter that I can take to clear this up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• OTC remedies mask the pain but do not cure the infection. That's dangerous because you may not notice it getting wrose until you end up with a kidney infection. And believe me, you do NOT want a kidney infection. It is possible to recover on your own without antibiotics, but it's unlikely and you're taking a pretty big risk by trying to do so.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Straight cranberry juice usually works really good. You have to get the pure stuff though.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Only thing I have ever heard of is drinking lots and lots of cranberry juice. Good luck.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Okay, try AZO and cranberry juice... That will take a day or so but will clear you up...

UNLESS it's not a UTI. If you have a kidney infection this could get dangerous! And you will NEED a doctor or even surgery if it get's to bad. Start the AZO & Cran NOW, if you aren't feeling a difference in a day get to the doctor.

If you don't think you can afford a doctor let me know I'll help. I do low cost benefits. But if it's a kidney infection and you don't see a doctor now - Surgery is more expensive!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Try AZO cranberry and extra-extra vitamin C. Continue that for a day or two after if it clears up and seems to be okay. If it doesn't make a difference in 24-48 hours make sure you get to a doctor so you don't end up with a kidney infection.

Our local doc-in-a-box is fairly inexpensive and gives cash discounts. Also, I don't advocate abuse of the ER, but if it is your only option, use it if it doesn't clear, or you'll end up there anyway.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• drink lots and lots of cranberry juice. If you don't feel better in a few days, then you def. need to go see a doctor.

In the future, take measures to prevent UTI as much as you can. Always pee immediately after sex, try not to drink too much soda or other things that trigger UTI.
    stefanierios

Answer by stefanierios at 10:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2008