Is there a way to straighten DD's hair without harsh chemicals?

DD is mixed race: Hispanic/Caucasian and she has her father's curly, textured hair and it drives me insane! It's so hard to take care of that I've thought about having it professionally done but I don't want to ruin her hair. I've tried using Aussie 3 minute miracle and Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz corrective hair serum to straighten; no go. It's still frizzy and poofy when I straighten it. Any suggestions?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My friends daughter has hair like that. Im not sure exactly what she uses but its some type of lotion she gets at cvs in the hair section. I wouldnt straighten it in the long run that tends to ruin their hair.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• detangler spray is all you need at that age. My daughter is AA but with curly hair, not kinky and all I use is childrens detanglers and it smooths out her hair. For special occassions ( i know this may be frowned upon) I flat iron her hair. Its not permanent and hair can revert back.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• wash it and blow dry it using a brush
    neisha940

Answer by neisha940 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• blow drying curly hair even with a brush can make it poofy and frizzy. Washing, condition and bread while wet is good too. It will have nice formed curls and easy to detangle.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• if it's anything like black/white girls hair it's probably beautiful. i love when mixed girls wear their hair natural.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2011