How do you potty train a boy

Ok my son was a 24weeker so he still doesn't talk. So I have petty sit but he won't sit on it for a long time at all its like only 5secs but at lease he doesn't cry on it like when I first try to put him on it. Some people still say he isn't really but I don't know I'm the youngest of 8 and never needed to potty train anything whY to do

enaNianza

Asked by enaNianza at 11:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get him some big boy undies with his fav. character, get him a potty chart with his stickers (let him pick them out) .. also candy works too for treats after he goes!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You have to wait til he's ready. If he's not ready your not going to be able to do it & it will just make it harder for him and be a longer process. When he's going regularly, same time every day in his diaper, and he's aware of his wetness & dosen't like it. That's when you will know he's ready. you have 1-2 so is he close to 3? That's the age my son got it, right before his 3rd birthday. What helped him was wearing underware, I let him pick out his own, He loved Thomas the train & if he pooped in them I threw them away and if he got wet in them he just didn't like it. lol. Goodluck but if he's not ready don't force it.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The way I trained my son is I let him run around in the nude. We had bought our house and had planted a rose bush my great grandmother told me to train him to pee on it or near it and it would make my rose bush flourish (it is over 10ft high and has thick branches and smells the most perfumed fragrance) I did this in the spring then at night time we would play sink the cheerios we would put cheerios in the toilet and him and daddy would see how many they could hit. He was trained in a matter of days and he learned that if he was in our backyard and had to pee he could go on the rose bush he is 9 now and tells his sister to turn away when he jumps out of the pool to pee lol Hope this helps
    rmewfeof3

Answer by rmewfeof3 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011