What kind of books to get my 10 yr old daughter into?

My daughter is ADHD bipolar mood disorder is easily hurt loves to read and also has a form of autism. Bought her a E-reader for Easter and want to have some books on it by the time I give it to her. I also am a believer in keeping kids as kids as long as possible

rmewfeof3

Asked by rmewfeof3 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Try some of Diana Wynn Jones' books. The ones "Like Eight Days of Luke" and NOT "The Homeward Boundwards" or "The Dark Lord of Dersham." Those are a bit more for the upper teen set.
    Has she read the BoxCar Children series?
    PM me and I can get a good list for you to look for.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 11:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• At that age I was really into the "Babysitters Little sister's" books. My friends daughter and a neighbor are really into the bella sara series. Just a few suggestions.

What is she really into and then I would seek out the help of a librarian to gew a few more suggestions.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What is her reading level? My kids loved Junie B. Jones but it might be a lower level. Those books are so funny! I read them and I crack up. Also 39 clues is interesting. Harry Potter? Wish I could help more sorry!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nancy Drew. They do have a younger version as well. Diary of a Dork or something along those lines, they're the 'girly' version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• boxcar children are some really good easy readers :
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 1:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i used to love the american girl series.
    i even named my dog after one of them and she's still alive to this day. haha
    i lied the chronicals of narnia too at that age.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• American Girl books, Little house on the prairie books, the baby sitters club, junie b jones, the box car kids mystery books.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 2:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree wholeheartedly with merandaobrien, wholesome books which teach ethics and history are very important especially today. I am not fond of Junie B Jones but all the rest are A plus.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• thank you all she has read all of Narnia and all of Percy Jackson as well as harry potter and wimpy kid thats why I am lost lol she is a hard child to figure I know a lot of it has to do with her "special"brain but makes it hard for this mom to figure out
    rmewfeof3

Comment by rmewfeof3 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I recently read the Little House Series with my 9 yo daughter.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011