Someone mentioned Philly Cheesesteaks, how do you make them?

I see so many varieties. What's your recipe?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I start with rib eye steak slice thin.Saute onions,peppers,mushrooms .I use a grill; top to saute them all .I use poor boy buns.Stack it all on and add provalone cheese YUM.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I usually use sandwhich steaks, sometimes i use thin sliced steak. people call them philly steaks here because im so close to philedelphia i guess. shred those up and slice peppers and onions and throw it all in a skillet. and put the cheese in the bun first then the steak peppers and onions once they're done and more cheese on top.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i use steakbuns, like ones i would use for meatball sandwhiches and stuff.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've not had a decent one since I moved to FL. I've tried duplicating what I had up north using Steakums and cheese but it's just not the same. Not sure if it's the type of meat or the type of cheese they used up north. I may have to plan a trip north now that you mentioned this so I can get a decent one! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ps. I'm wanting to make them at home; never done it before. What kind of meat would you use? How would you cut it? I'm needing direction, I guess. Bread? Etc.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• steak-ums!! and provolone cheese. with mayo and you can add grilled onions and pepers if you like them. and i put them on sub buns.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 12:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• steakums... and you saute the onions, pepper and mushrooms if you like put the meat on top to cook then cut them up... also a little garlic powder.. use provolone cheese on top and get some good bread!! that's it yummmy.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 1:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I use steak ums and the one ingredient that makes it a philly - cheez whiz
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thanks Ladies. Especially you Grismelda. I did not realize steakums was used so often. I had steakum once and did not like it. My DH will jump for joy...he loves rib eyes. :)
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011