Has anyone yelled at their baby?

For instance when its been a long day I have a hard time controlling my level of patience and I get upset and yell. How can I stop doing this. My baby is a year old.

I need honest answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I walk away, at that age its easy to walk away. When they get older its not as easy b/c they follow lol But I would set my child down somewhere safe while I walked away from her for a few minutes to get myself together. Not sure what else you could/would do.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mm well its gonna happen sooner or later..i have a 4 month old i really dont yell at him i play around n try to act really mad and he laughs at me...i think its cute ...noww..lol
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have lost it a few times and actually yelled at my child while she was an infant. I still lose my patience and she is a toddler. Yesterday she told me that she didn't have to listen to me and pick up her toys and then she told me that I was driving her crazy after I told her that she was driving me crazy. In order to do it you have to actively work on increasing your level of patience and remember that they don't erally understand everything that they are doing. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd joke around with her. She didn't understand. I'd say stuff like, kid your killing me. Your driving mommy crazy. Stop crying now & I'll buy you a car when your 16! please. But i'm the kind of person that jokes and uses humor in rough situations. It would calm me down at least. My kids are older now & I still say silly things to them and they just think mommy's goofy. Goodluck. If you are feeling the stress so is the baby. Be kind, take a break, if she's gonna cry in your arms she may as well cry in the crib while you take a moment to breath.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I did probably a couple times with each of my kids. After I did I set them in their crib and had to walk away--in tears of course because I felt horrible about it. Sometimes patience just wears thin, expecially if you're not feeling 100% that day. Take a deep breath and walk away. Give yourself a mommy-time-out.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I read somewhere that you are supposed to say "Stop acting like a one-year old!" or whatever age they are. it makes you pause and say .... oh, you ARE one, and breaks the tension.
    Being a mommy gets harder as the day goes on, so try to find moments where you can just step away and be alone to collect yourself.
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 12:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• before my baby could really understand why i was yelling she just looked at me like i was crazy. it didn't really affect her most of the time. now if she's doing something that upsets me and i feel like im about to explode i just say you don't want mommy to go crazy again, do you? and she usually just shakes her head no and stops. but she thinks im a psycho. lol
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I asked my baby (2 1/2) months one night when she wouldn't go back to sleep if she wanted a baby spankin' lol but ofcourse I didnt even consider doing that and I wasn't yelling. But after I said it I laughed at myself and woke my husband up to help :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i have i have 6 kids and no sleep so it getr's frustrating if i don't know what's wrong. i just walk away for a minute to re gain my patients
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I try to just have the father take care for a few mins.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011