PLEASE GET OUT OF MOMMYS BED....

MY THREE YR OLD SLEEPS IN THE BED WITH US. WE CANT GET HIM OUT. WHAT CAN I DO ?

HotMomma2622

Asked by HotMomma2622 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bribe him with a doughnut for breakfast!
    vmamommy

Answer by vmamommy at 12:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My sister had the same problem with one of her children. She told her dd that the sleeping bag on the floor was for her to sleep in when she was too scared to sleep in her room. Needless to say, dd slept in the sleeping bag a lot. Eventually, they told her that she had to sleep in her bed in her room, and that she could only sleep in their room occasionally. DD does sleep in her room now. Hope this gives you some ideas.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ppsssh i have the opposite problem. my daughter hardly ever wants to sleep with me.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 12:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• get him a special bed or bedding and establish a routine of going to bed reward to reading and then something for when he sleeps in his bed ALL night.. like my daughter likes her cookie crisp cereal but ONLY on days where she sleep all night without disrupting mom's sleep (unless she is sick).
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 1:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have been taking the wimp approach. I started by sleeping a few nights on an air mattress in my son's room.(ok it went on a few weeks until my husband threw a fit) I had read something about making sure that your child is familiar with their room in the day and its a comfy place so before the big transition we reorganized the room and played in there alot. We practiced what to do if he woke up and was scared going back and forth and calling each other from one room to the other. I am now up to staying in the room until he falls asleep with me holding his hand. Next step is going to be tough but we are making progress.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have a set routine -- If she goes to her bed during the week in a timely manner, she gets to have "date-night" with mommy on Friday nights. That means we paint nails, fix each other's hair, give massages, watch a movie in my bed together and then she gets to sleep with me! She LOVES this and looks forward to Friday nights all week! SHe is almost 4.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• OP I'm having that issue with DS. He's only 10mos, but suddenly he hates his crib. He slept in it beautifully since age 2 mos. Now, he screams every time I put him in it (even if he's been in a deep sleep), ugh.

DD is 4 and will come into our room in the middle of the night on occasion. When she does, we let her fall back asleep (which is quick) then DH picks her up, and puts her back in her bed.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have a duplex and the kids room is up staris. I let my son fall alseep in my bed than I put in in the living room cause I have bad back probles and cant carrie him up stairs. I try to put the to boys in their rooms and all they do is cry I hate to hear them cry I feel so bad as if Im doing something wrong.
    HotMomma2622

Comment by HotMomma2622 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• enjoy it, he will be grown before you know it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2011