Naturally inducing labor

i was reading an article on how some women have tried to naturally induce their labor... somethings from having sex , nipple stimulation, castor oil, pressure puncture, etc.... i was wondering if any of you have ever tried it... if so, what did you do? did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i did everything in the book a million times. my baby was 2 weeks late. none of these worked for me. my daughter decided when she would be leaving my womb, and it was after i gave up on trying. i was so desperate and annoyed by the end of my pregnancy. dont waste ur time i say. maybe its just me though.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Stay away from the castor oil. The others won't work but sex and nipple stimulation won't hurt! Get the last Woo HOO!!! in before the baby gets here!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I tried EVERYTHING on the list, minus castor oil. And for me, nothing was gnna make my baby show up any earlier than she wanted to. I started trying to naturally induce at 39 weeks, and she was born 40 weeks 4 days...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• When I was in the hospital hooked up to the monitor i played with my nipples and it brought on contractions. Lol we didn't get to have sex to try that out!! Good luck!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 12:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've been having contractions every 2 mins for 11 days now.... Tried EVERYTHING still no little one :( I gave up after 8 days.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i did it all except the castor oil...dont do that btw...just a lot of diarreha to dehydrate you...if you have a male significant other, have a lot of sex, his semen will soften your cervix, otherwise you can use a breast pump to stimulate your nipples...i did it and it def brought on hard and reg contx but i got uncomfy and stopped...regardless of all my expreiments, my girl was 6 days late...if you are waiting for labor to begin, relax, it WILL! mother nature is amazing...she will astound you every time, and the feeling of your body doing exactly what its meant to do all on its own is incredible, trust me, you want to feel that feeling!...GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I did EVERYTHING I could find online.. NOTHING works.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i tried a few things. sex, nipple stimulation, walking, and ankle massages. She was 11 days late!
    KittyTussand

Answer by KittyTussand at 2:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sex worked with my first baby but i was also 2 weeks overdue. i just had my 4th kid 6 weeks ago i tried everything to go into labor nothing worked at all. baby will come when it's ready even though it's hard to be patient
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well with my first i was having sex often and i accidently went into labor way early and had to have it stopped. with my second though i drank the castor oil - WORST night of my life and for nothing!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011