What did I say?

I have a 9 month old daughter and a friend I recently connected to through Facebook just had a baby. She is about 3 weeks old. She had posted that her baby is really sick with congestion and is so stuffed up First time her little one is sick. I merely suggested that have everyone who watches her while you are away stick to a plan where they will wash their hands. She has had family baby sit her this passed week because they are moving into a new place. I told her Later on when they are older this won't matter much. If they are going to get sick than they are going to get sick Just get through the time where she is small and vulnerable if she can help it. I stated in the comment: "
"I know you already know this. ......" I honestly think this is how we survived our daughter not being sick while she was just born.. I didn't tell her that though.. I was crazy about it but within reason. Anyways all I had said was "makes sure the people who have watching her are washing their hands "

She then responded.::: "I know, I'm not an idiot." then proceeded to delete me from her friends list.

I understand her being a new parent .. but what gives?? would you get upset over this? maybe others were telling her the same thing.. All I was doing was trying to be nice. Not lecture her. I feel upset she responded this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wait:: I said to her " whoa, I never said you were, I am sorry I upset you:(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Then she deleted me
    Anonymous

• Wow that's a little weird. I wouldn't have gotten upset over that at all! Hmmm...maybe shes just hormonal lol
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well some people can't handle any negative comments, no big whoop.. if you want to try to friend her again and explain yourself and say it's a compulsion with you and you just meant it in a good way.. otherwise, wipe your hands and realize some friendships ended for a reason FB doesn't mean those issues aren't going to come back up.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 1:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Complications of reading responses via the internet...you can't tell which way the response was meant. Maybe she took it like a butt-chewing? Like someone else said, she's probably still hormonal. She'll probably get over it. If not, oh well. She wasn't a great friend to begin with then! I wouldn't have gotten so mad I'd delete someone over something so small.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am one of those people that can't handle negative comments but I wouldn't delete someone over that.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011