How do you get rid of the heartburn/indigestion in pregnancy?

I have tried zantac, tums, milk, sleeping sitting up, and nothing seems to work I am miserable, PLEASE HELP.

mommymofadi

Asked by mommymofadi at 12:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• zantac and tums is all I have to offer.. but my doc did say there were more options so call your doc and see what they are, I think there is a stronger dosage and a different script they can issue.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 12:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you so much, I was planning on calling the doc to get a script seeings how zantac is crazy expensive and I need to be saving for diapers and such.
    mommymofadi

Comment by mommymofadi (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• When I was pregnant back in 1983, (which I know was along time ago... but I see no reason why you wouldnt be able to still do this...?!) But anyway, my Dr. had me ask my pharmasist for "Coke-a-Cola Syrup", and whenever I got heartburn or morning sickness I would take a teaspoon full and it would instantly help...
    ladysydney

Answer by ladysydney at 1:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• They sell these things @ wal mart called Giant pop ice, it's usualy in the juice isle, and I would eat seriously 20 a day but it worked for a little while anyway...
    Betty_Blood810

Answer by Betty_Blood810 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sorry no help never had heartburn.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Milk and ice cream does the job too!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it, it's my first baby and when this stuff happens I like getting opinions. Everyone is so different that some friends can't answer my questions it's a relief I now have a place to go! ;)
    mommymofadi

Comment by mommymofadi (original poster) at 5:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I also have horrible heartburn. the best thing that i have done so far is sleep sitting up. But that get annoying after awhile.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I never had heartburn in my life, but it was so bad during my pregnancy--no matter how I modified my diet. I tried all sorts of things, but eventually, mint Tums did the trick.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 8:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011