I'm torn on what to do...

So I am pregnant and my boyfriend and I are planning on getting married in June. Well, it's all happening so fast and I was getting all excited about having a wedding. But then I started looking at dresses and I about cried my eyes out bc I don't want to look back on my wedding pictures and see that I was pregnant :(

It's a big deal to me that we get married because I have a child from a previous relationship (never married) and I know how hard it was to go through all that without someone by my side. We have always talked about getting married so that was definitely coming just now it is kinda scrunched. It is NOT an option for me to NOT get married....

But I was thinking and we both have discussed this that we could get our marriage license and then have a wedding after the baby is born (due date nov 14th). But at the same time I'm devestated that I'd have to do that :(

UGH I can't figure out what I want to do. I just want to be beautiful on the most important day of my life (besides my children's births) and I might feel like an oompa loompa instead :( I know someone who got married while she was pretty pregnant and I love her to death and everything....but I just looked at her pictures and I"m like....that sucks.

So, do you think it's a bad thing if I do get married while pregnant? Or do you think I should wait till after but definitely get the marriage license and all that now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• there's nothing wrong with having the wedding after you have the baby. you wouldn't be doing it alone if you were still engaged.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 12:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sounds like a lot of pressure.. here's the thing, if you want to get married is it really going to be a bad thing to look back and see yourself pregnant in pictures..... ummm you are. AND honestly, how often do you think you'll reflect on the pics? I never look at mine, my kids do, but really I don't drag them out.. I have my hubby with me and I see him and I see myself in the mirror.. no need for pics, lol. So, you should decide what is more important and go with that.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 12:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You could get married at the court house so the baby would be born with same last names. Then have a big wedding ceremony after the baby is born.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Get married at the Court House, and then have the actual wedding later. Then you'd be married when the baby is born like you want, but you can also have your wedding just how you dreamed it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• OH and also....my DREAM wedding would be in the fall....not the summer :( So that's another thing. I don't want to be regretting all this. Ah I guess I sorta answered my own question...

but I'd still like to hear your opinions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I know, but to me being engaged is the same thing as what we are doing now. I'd still have to explain to people why I have 2 kids and I"m not married. Or why I'm pregnant with my 2nd and not married. It's a big deal to me. And if we are going to get married no matter what...I'd rather do it now and make things right.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• no matter what, you will look great in your wedding pics! pregnant or not, you are going to glow with love, double that! being pregnant makes a lot of women look fabulous! plus on the big day, you will shine like a star. dont fret, and try not to stress yourself out about things that you cannot do anything about. if you have to get married, then make it a joyous occasion, leave the worries behind
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Just wait, the pictures are forever you don;t want to look bad and be upset every time.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 1:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• get your marriage license and wait till baby is born for the dream cermony, don't think about it so much is that simple. Plus it will give you plenty of time to plan your wedding in the fall.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It sounds to me like you are making excuses to not get married. There is nothing wrong with getting married while you are pregnant.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011