Tough Divorce

How do you keep your head up and not get down on yourself with a very tough divorce?
He is lying so much..He kicked my older son and myself out..I left on an airplane to get far away from abusive person. I had two suitcases leaving all my belongings behind. He's stating he has nothing of mine. We lived there from 2004-2009 we were married in 2006 he has filed for divorce every year we have been married. I've had enough but I dont feel Im strong enough to fight the devil.

tucsonmomof2

Asked by tucsonmomof2 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• **HUGS*** its ok, you are almost free. keep your head up and surround yourself with the people that really do love and care about you. he is hurt from what ive read, and will do anything to make you hurt too, dont let it affect you (as far as he knows) and eventually he will give up. belongings are not as important as your life. when things cool down im sure you can get the rest of your stuff with a friend or relative. but for now give him space. get this thing settled so you can both move on with your lives. GL i hope everything works out for you soon
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Time to divorce him, move forward with your life.Sounds like you have had enough emotional abuse. Don't take his crap! Tell him its over for good! You deserve to be happy and so does your son. Just forget about belongings for the most part they can be replaced. Think about you and your child! I'm sure someone out there would love you and treat you and your son right! That is of course when your ready...right now focus on getting him away from you and looking ahead!
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• you are strong enough! do you realize at one point in time that women had no choice but to stay with their abusive, cheating husbands? they weren't allowed to divorce and men could beat them all they wanted. and even after it became legal for women to be able to divorce, they were practically shunned by all of their community. some even killed for this? you have a choice. do you realize how beautiful it is to have a choice? women have died so that we can live without men. they were beaten and imprisoned so that we could get jobs to take care of ourselves. they did all this so that we can be independent. you are a strong woman, and remember that there is nothing more powerful. one day your kids are going to look back and be proud of you. i think that is the worlds greatest accomplishment. by fighting for a better life, no matter what, you're teaching them the same quality. so keep your head up high and NEVER stop fighting
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• This has been going on for a while. He's treated you and your son so badly for so long why would you even be thinking about him anymore? YOU file and get it over with. You can go to Legal Aid. He probably threw your stuff out. Start over. You can acquire new things. If not, get them donated or second hand until you can get new stuff. Enjoy your life away from him. Cut the cord with him and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Hugs Im so sorry I felt youre same pain 11 years ago. Contact legal aid or your local university some law students are allowed to take cases for practice. He may have trashed your stuff you can ask that he pay you so much monetarily so you can buy new but you may just want to start over fresh. You can do this. You are stronger than you think and their is happiness and peace waiting for you on the other side of all this.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• STAY STRONG HANG IN THERE..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Been there did that, I am so sorry that you have to suffer with that . I went to therapy to help me to get some self esteem. It is tough but keep at it and it will get better. :)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Stay strong and don't lose your self-worth in the process. If wants to make it dirty, give him a taste of his own medicine. Bring up the horrible things he's done. Make people see him for what he truly is...good luck and again...STAY STRONG.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2011