Should I be concerned?

I'm only 20 wks but I haven't felt the baby kick at all in about a week and a half, just after my last OB appointment. Should I be concerned? This is my second baby but I just don't remember all these details from the first. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's normal, I just asked my OB about it. I'm 22 weeks and she said at that time it doesn't have to be regular. Baby is still small, under a pound for you. She also said it could be the postition of the placenta etc. Also, I'm sure your baby is moving, it's just not big enough to feel EVERY movement. I worry about this too, b/c it's still not regular. Some days I'll feel her all the time and others I won't at all. Also, I think there is such thing as calmer babies.... I know for me this one is way calmer than my first. I wouldnt worry. They say your don't need to do kick counts until 28 wks or so, just make she it moves every now and then
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Oh and I should say that I was feeling him fairly regularly up until then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Thank you! That's such a relief to hear! I feel so dumb for not remembering all of this stuff from last time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I remember getting nervous when I couldn't feel my son for a day or two here and there. Even as I got closer to the end of my pregnancy, I would worry about not feeling him. Maybe you do just have a mellow baby (my son is very mellow)! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2008