Drinking while pregnant?

I read an article that said it was an overestimation and exaggeration concerning drinking and fetal alcohol syndrome and mothers who don't drink can still have a FA baby.. so, curious did anyone else read the article and do you think it's bogus.. and has anyone decided to have some alcohol during their pregnancy?

Camilletnt

Asked by Camilletnt at 1:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I personally wouldn't do it, but if I saw a preganant woman having a glass of red wine, I wouldn't jump down her throat. It's a personal choice, and I don't believe one glass every once in a while will damage the fetus.
    fallynn415

Answer by fallynn415 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If alcohol destroys our bodies it obviously would destroy a fetus inside our body. I would never drink anyways, pregnant or not.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I didn't... I just don't think it's a good idea.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i've read that it is safe to have a glass of red wine every day while pregnant. but why would anyone want to give their fetus a taste of alcohol. i mean you wouldn't put a couple drops in their bottle when their babies even if it wasn't harmful. so why would you give it to them while they're even younger than that? i think it's crazy.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 1:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't buy it. They don't know how much is too much, and even small amounts during a pregnancy can cause FAS. Alcohol just isn't important enough to me to chance it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Drinking and pregnancy shouldnt mix.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would NEVER drink while pregnant -- I rarely drink now, and I am not pregnant.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• if the article said it was okay to jump off a bridge would you?..
    i would never drink while pregnant - just my opinion
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I didn't.  Not so much because I think a small glass of wine here and there will harm the baby but because just the thought of drinking repulsed me and made me nauseous.  I know alot of women who did have a glass of wine once in a while and they all have thriving children.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The way I look at is is all through the ancient Greece, all through the renaissance- do you really think women stopped drinking wine and beer in large amounts?

The human race didn't die off.

I had half a glass of wine on Thanksgiving and Christmas. My OB said that up to 4 OZ a day was fine.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011