Why do you/did you stay in a relationship with problems?

i don't think women today are independent enough. most act like they're still living in the 1950's. i dont understand why can't women seem to live without men.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 1:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree I have several friends and family members who are miserable but wont go because of the security and financial issues they would have to face.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• women have stayed for so many reasons. i have stayed in a dysfunctional relationship in the past because of financial reasons. i know of women who have stayed because their lives have been threatened, or came from a broken home themselves and don't want their kids to grow up in a single parent family, because their religion bashes it etc ,etc.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree with you, I left my husband twice before we got marryed because he was seeing an ex of his.(She got him in jail) So i left him for that, then a month later he came crawling back. I dint want to take him back but my family said i had to for our child. Then 2 months before our son was born he got drunk and his brother called the ex and they had a wild night. I once again left and didnt look back i had friends with me at the hospital on all my false labors and of course my mother and grandmother called to tell my son dad(SO now) that i was in hospital and of course he came running in. And once again he came crawling back and i wanted him to prove he wanted me back by trying fix things 20 miles apart, where he had screwed thing up. And once again my family stepped in. And since then we aint had no more problems.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• can't change ppl...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have to agree with the op....most women are way to depended on men....pshhh why? if the relationship is messed up, move on! there are more d*cks out there!
    krazi_beautyful

Answer by krazi_beautyful at 2:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That is easy to answer. Because everyone tells them that they just aren't whole with a man in their life. That isn't true. I found out myself
    I can be whole and very happy with out the complication of being with a man. I stayed in a bad relationship because I didn't know if I could make by myself with five children in tow, plus he would block my trying to get out of the relationship.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• good for you!
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 3:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've stayed in my relationship through problems because it's commitment. We love each other and we were willing to do the work to figure out the problems and resolve them.

Now if you're referring to abuse, or ongoing/unresolvable problems such as serial cheating or something, that's different and I think every woman that stays through those has a different reason.

There is a difference between being dependent and being committed and willing to work out the problems that come up in any relationship.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It depends on the relationship and the problems, if the problems can be worked out then you should stay and atleast try, and if you both love each other then why walk away because of a fight? its totally different if the man is beating the women, then i would say leave.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You do understand that EVERY relationship has problems, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2011