Does your SO lie to you about things, to save them a nanging??

~~Just to say now, SORRY if this sounds like venting~~

My husband came home early the other day from working stating that the cooling system of the plant broke down and that they were sending people home, well i can say that the plant is indeed of new equipment. And to add in the night crew supervisor lives in the same complex as we do. So the night supervisor comes by and asks what my husband had told about the other day i told him and he said that there was no note in the log stating that there a shut down!! So why would my husband have to lie to me. The trailer we are in is falling apart on me and we are to be moving into another trailer,but we have the choice to move completely out of this area do to unsafe living and my husband used the whole looking for another place to live. To get a get off work free day card. What am i suppose to think or say??

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• my DH tells silly lies, but this is pretty big ! Where was he, if not at home with you? He says looking for somewhere to live but I doubt it, that is not something you'd keep secret. Little silly lies ( like I didn't move the remote control) don't bother me, but a whole day off and then no honesty would bother me. If he was just looking for somewhere to move he would have told you that.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• NO he told the boss he had to look for a place to move to, and he came home got me and our boy and we all went looking for a place but when he came he told that the cooling system went down when actually he just requested the rest of the day off, but he lied to me about what really happen..
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Do u mean that he told his boss the truth about what he was gonna do, and then lied to u why he got the day off?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• At the risk of pissing someone off, it does sound like he lied to u to save himself some nagging from u. Do u do this often? If so thats is probably the reason he did do that, to save him self some grief. If I were u I would ask him why did he do that, and make sure he replys to u honestly, and do not get mad at him for telling u thre truth. That is what a relationship is, give and take, and honesty.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• probably didn't want to worry you as he wants to find a better/safer place. Sometimes we lie to protect.. no, I don't think it's a big lie, it's kinda sweet.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 2:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh sorry I misunderstood, okay... well in that case, even though I'd think he was a dumbarse for telling a lie, I wouldn't get too stressed - if he was with you, then the lie was maybe to stop you worrying about him taking the day off. He might be embarrassed that you guys are in the state youre in, and trying to protect you from it all. Hang in there, this isn't the worst lie he could tell.
    xx
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you all you have help!!! And i will admitt i have nagged at him due to taking off early. But the place we are in is falling apart on us.
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would be so mad if my dh did that. We are always living paycheck to paycheck. He seems kind of selfish to do such a thing.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My hubby does similar things to avoid a tongue-lashing, he always has our best interest at heart but it still gets so frustrating!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011