Anyone having Sciatica? If so, what do you do to treat the pain?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 2:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There really is not cure for it. I found relaxing, warm baths, and massages helped.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• A hot shower maybe? a real good back rub with some icy hot......and lots of rest.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Physical therapy, ice, heat.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No..
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• during pregnancy? My son was lying on that nerve for the last month or two b4 his birth, it was my first pregnancy..... so I went to the hospital worried that something was wrong. They told me because of where I pointed to the pain locale (just above my butt basically) that he was lying on my sciatic nerve and they could not give me anything for the pain. The pain was not really that bad anyway (I have a high tolerance for pain anyway), and they suggested I see my GP and/or OB to get a cane to help me walk better (because I could barely walk by that point). I needed to hold on to a person or a strong thing(anything I could put half my weight on). Good luck mama, I have felt your pain!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Posture plays a role here. Don't bend. Sit & lie on a bed in a staright position.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 3:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• There is a cure for many women!!
    :-)
    Going to the chiropractor is an amazing help~~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Exercises for sciatica are very helpful. There is one specific stretch that helped me a lot, here's a video demonstrating it, hope it helps:

http://natural-alternative-therapies.com/sciatica-stretch/
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 5:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nothing really fixes it... and it will ease up after the birth of your child, but it will show its tail here and there forever! You tube stretches for sciatica nerve pain.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011