At what age should i start my kid in pre school?

im not talking bout a regular school but like cap or somthin some say 2 and some say 3 im not sure any ideas?

Creasman

Asked by Creasman at 2:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what is cap?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• This always confuses me! As a military family , post hs Pre-K and that is at 4 right befoer Kindergaten..... They are at Kindergarten level by the end of Pre-K! I mean I thought all parents got free pre-K thu the school!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My daughter started Pre-K3.. its Tues-Thurs. 8:30-11:30. While she has learned alot, social skills, how to right her name, It really is just a mad race to get her up, tackle getting her to eat/dressed and out the door.. only to turn around and go pick her up. It is also 150 a month. They sit at there on table/chair and actually act like a prek class room, not like a daycare. But with me going to college from 5-10 at night, im so exhausted in the morning. I'm ready for Prek-4.. which is at a public school from 8-3 that way I can go to college the same time she is in school and be done by 3. She loves her teacher, and her friends... but Prek-3 isn't that necessary.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I say 3, I think its important for socialization but really the main thing is to give them the experience before kindergarden starts.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think it depends on the child and the level of socialization they get already and the level of exposure to things outside the home. A three year old who has a bunch of friends in the neighborhood and or siblings might not need school as much, but an only child might need to start learning social skill amongst his peers before 3. I think it also depends on the child. My son started a school environment at 18 months and is now in preschool. He has his own little life and the structure, educational opportunities and socialization (not to mention the playground) are great for him and he has his own little life. I would ask yourself if there is anything that an educational environment can provide that you aren't now and then gage when by the need you feel is there.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You can always keep them at home with you while they are 2&3 and teach them on your own. I think 4 would be a more appropriate age. I taught in pre-schools years ago. I saw a lot of things go on in them. A lot was not good.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011