Do you think

crawling under chairs (in a church environment) is acceptable for a 7yo?

I went to go pick up my child tonight at a church function and he said he was "looking for his Bible" but was really just horsing around by crawling under and through the legs of a chair. I feel he's old enough to know better and said as much. What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I agree
    Christina K.

Answer by Christina K. at 2:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes he's old enough to know better. Talk to him again about what is appropriate where. Were any other kids doing this? Sometimes my usually well behaved son would see other kids doing something & think "Well, if it is OK for them...."
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, I don't think crawling under chairs in church, in a restaurant, or anywhere else is acceptable for a 7 year old.

Answer by missanc at 8:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Not okay! I would be so embarrassed if my son did that!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Glad I'm not the only "mean parent" out there. I just don't understand why the adults in the room let them get away with this because obviously he felt it was an okay thing to do and none of the other adults even said a word. I was completely disgusted.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, I don't think that crawling around on the floor at that age is appropriate. If it is play and silly time, sure, but not if he is supposed to be doing something structured.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't think it's acceptable for a 7 year old
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Absolutely not OK.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011