I got cursed out for being in someone else business vent*

ok before you all start saying" thatswhat you get, let me just tell you i have a good excuse

ok so im in wall mart and i see a man with a little girl she looks like shes about 2 or 3 well hes pulling the little girl by her hand shes turning all red and screaming"no i don't want go,i want my mommy,Mommy help me!!he then drags her to the tooth brush isle and show her a singing Dora tooth brush to get her to stop crying

and at this time im on the same isle has him my mom whispers in my ear(Goo get security i ask her:why and she says"hes probably kid napping her
i tell her"Mom just mind your business and she says"OK well if you go home and watch the news and see that this same little girl has been kidnapped your conscious is gonna eat you alive..after that i went to get security oh k i didn't say that the man was kidnapping her but when the security came he asked the man did this little girl belong to him and the man said yes and then he asked the little girl and she kept screaming saying she wanted her mommy

the secuirty took the man into his office i guess and then they made announcment over the speaker saying"if your looking for a child with blue jeans,red shoes and a pink shirt on please come to customer service"
her mom shows up the little girl ran up to her and says"Mommy and they made her show her i.d then she starts saying she was with my husband they asked her to describe her husband she did and it turns out that little girl was with her mothers husband so while im in the parking Lott loading my groceries her husbands start cursing me out saying"Stupid bitch next time mind your fucking business" and then his wife says"You black people are so fucking Nosey"i had my girls with me and my mom so i didn't really say much but omg that was one interesting trip to wall mart

would you have curssed me out?

i see no wrong in what i did

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 2:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I'm glad you did it because you NEVER know.. but getting cursed out well, that happens in the event you're wrong.. but so what, the guys a jerk concerning how it was handled but you would feel the same way if I called security because your kids were acting up and saying I don't want you I want daddy, right.. Be fair and realize you did the right thing because you don't know.. why didn't your mom just talk to security?
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 2:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't have cursed you out. Next time, if you feel that someone's life is at risk, just go see security. No need to say anything further. You alert security, then continue on with your shopping. You did your part. Never try to play the role of Superman..I hear he's the jealous type anyways.(:
    DulcePuraVida

Answer by DulcePuraVida at 2:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Security sounds pretty useless if you ask me. Is a kidnapper going to admit to the security guard, "No, she doesn't belong with me." Dumb.

I don't think your mom was really overreacting. That's the kind of thing you see on the news where they have a witness saying something like, "I saw the little girl and saw her fighting and calling for her mother, but I figured I'd just mind my own business..." after there's a major kidnapping and people are at home watching thinking, "Why didn't she DO something?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• @Camilletnt ur absolutely right but i have no regrets about doing it even tho end the end i was wrong but the way little girl was acting like she didn't know him@Anonymous i have no clue why my mom didn't call security but i"ll make sure to ask her tomorrow
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If you thought the child was being kidnapped, you should have intervened then and there. Wal-Mart security is nothing more than a civilian hired to work there. They aren't allowed to make arrests or anything. Heck, they aren't even allowed to search shoplifters or anything. I would have walked up to the little girl and said something to her like "hey there. what's wrong, hun?" or made a comment to the man about how your children are like that when you leave... something to make conversation to make sure everything was ok..

Then, if I felt the situation was something more, I would have called 911 and found Wal-Mart security.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am PROUD of you. Not many people would do that, and you ROCK for making sure that it wasn't a worse situation. In this world, you never know..it sucks. Good for you! And f*** them for cursing you out and saying something so ignorant. Shows what type of people they are.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't have been mad at you for that.  When I walk into Walmart I am instantly confronted with a wall that has pictures of missing children on it.  How were you suppose to know she was just screaming for her mom and hadn't actually been kidnapped?  Now if she had been kidnapped, they would have WANTED you to be nosy.  I would have given her the one finger salute and went on.  And please don't let that one incident hinder you from speaking out should you see it again.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You didn't do anything wrong. A LOT of children don't use "my" when talking to one of their parents (i.e. instead of "I want my Mommy" most kids will say "I want Mommy")... Yes, he was her stepfather, but they should have been HAPPY that had someone actually tried to take her, someone would have stood up. And her racist comments were completely unnecessary.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• – collapse
    I would have confronted you...yes! Kids act like that when they dont get their way! He was trying to help his wife! IDK I think you were nosey!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• No, you did the right thing. My dd once had a fit at the mall- it was crazy- Running away, screaming for daddy (he'd taken my ds to the movies and she wanted to go, but it was too scary for her) I kept picking her up and she'd struggle away. I was literally chasing her around the mall. I thought for sure someone would call the cops. They should have, I mean, it looked really bad. But nobody did. If they had, I would have been upset because that's like the last thing you need when dealing with an out of control child, but I would have understood.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011