I need advice.

Okay. We have a 9 month old. I am the only one who works and I work full time. I just found out I am pregnant. And no question about it, I am keeping it. My husband is better suited for being the head of the house hold while I am best working. Anyways my questions really revolves around advice about leaving my newborn and 18 month old with my dh to raise them partically alone. He is a great dad but I know it will be so hard on him, stressful and tiring. And he is okay with this whole thing, but I am freaking out. I need advice for him as well as myself. And is it possible to breast feed part time with out the milk drying up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Learn patience and everything will be fine :-)
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• He can look into a doula or support group to help him.
    And tandem nursing is great, you might join LaLeche League and read Adventures In Tandem Nursing if you haven't already.

Congrats!
    Best wishes!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If your husband's ok with it, have some faith in him. You know he's a good father and you wanna keep working then it should be fine. But imho it should be a decision you and your husband decide together and are both 100% comfortable with. And as for the part time breast feeding, it should be fine but when your not breast feeding it would be a good idea to pump to keep your milk coming in good.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• As long as you pump when you are supposed to. Invest in a good one..like Medella..they have some that are built into a back pack.
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If he is ok with it then he will be fine. Just make sure that he is read up and has support readily available for him when he needs it. Have support for yourself too. I know it hard to leave your child at home and go to work. Good Luck.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I bf'ed dd part time and it worked well for about 4 months, I worked full time outside of the home and just pumped at work to relieve pressure, not for the milk. I bf'ed in the mornings and the evenings, and after after about for months I started to dry up.

I hope everything works out well for you guys!

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I dont know about the breastfeeding part. But if your husband and you have no problem with him being a stay at home dad than nothing is wrong with it. Im sure he is a good dad. And you should not freak out about it, He is already a dad and know what to do.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011