Is it ok if i lay on my right side ?

I feel more comfortable on my right side then my left when I lay on my left side I feel uncomfortable and my back tends to hurt more when I lay on my left side than my right I don't know if it has to deal with the way the baby is resting but I know laying on left side is better any advice ladies I'm 14 weeks and 6 days.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 3:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My advice would be to listen to your body :)

You are only advised to keep off your back after the weight of your uterus is enough to compress the main artery feeding the uterus. You will know when that is, because it will be very uncomfortable.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It's fine to lay on your right side. I also feel more comfortable on my right than left side and I'm 30 weeks 4 days. Just don't lay on your back. That really hurts and you'll wake up in lots of pain.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree...listen to your body! I felt comfortable laying on my right and left side. I know we are told to stay off of our backs, but I would even occasionally do that because I have sciatica (it got bad during pregnancy) andlaying on my back made it feel better
    bentleysmommy11

Answer by bentleysmommy11 at 5:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• its perfectly fine to lay on your right side i remember i couldn't lay on my left side they just suggest it because since your heart is located closer to that side it helps the blood pump better or something
    EricaLaShay1025

Answer by EricaLaShay1025 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it should be ok, but you can ask your dr. I have to sleep on my right side because the left side is just not that comfortable.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• your left side is preferred but as long as you aren't laying on your stomach or back then that is good.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011