Help me out please?

Im pregnant and due in June and my job "laid me off" due to "lack of available hours", however I, as well as other employees, believe that they actually fired me because they didn't want to pay for my maternity leave.
I feel like a bum not working now and I dont want to just drop all of responsibilities of the bills and everything. I was wondering if anyone knew any jobs that I could do from home? When my baby boy is born I want to stay home and raise him for a while but I would like to bring in some sort of income as well.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 3:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• join the club girl! there are all sorts of things you can do, just depends on WHAT you want to do. if you want to sell and are a good salesperson, I am sure some woman will be able to send u a link for their pyramid scheme type of sales work. there are PTC and GPT sites but they are more work than they are worth (I know, I have worked them and an explain all about them).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 3:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Your employer doesn't need to pay for your maternity leave if they do not want too. Also, do u know for a fact that your hrs had been cut or just what your employer told u? Does your place of employment have more then 50 people?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I went thru the sme shit at my last job. He to told me the hrs had been cut, until I found out he hired someone. But he had less then 50 people working there, therefore I wasn't protected by the FMLA or Family Medical Leave Act.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sorry to hear about your situation... I don't know if your have heard the saying "as one door closes another door opens"... there could be an opportunity out there for you.

I was dismissed from my job once and it didn't feel very nice at all... but I kept telling myself "Out of adversity comes Prosperity" and now I work from home, have been able to put my son through an elite private boarding school and love doing what I am doing. I hope the same can be for you. If you would like to know more about what I do and discuss whether I can help you in any way please message me... I'd love to hear from you.
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 4:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would file a claim with the EEOC

Answer by rkoloms at 5:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Look at the job categories at care.com. Use the pulldown to see them and see if there is anything of interest. We use indeed.com too Just an idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry!! It does kind of sound like that was the situation. I would try and get on unemployment for now.

I help moms work from home though. It really depends on if you are looking for a job or an at home business. When I got laid off in April 2009, I was looking for a "job from home" just because I didn't realize I could have my own business. I found Internet CEO Moms in May and have been with them ever since. I absolutely LOVE this team! :o) I have made some lifelong friends while doing this!

There are no parties (which was a HUGE plus for me), no selling, no inventory, etc... There is endless support and training! :o)

If you are interested in looking into it, feel free to head on over to my website and get all of the details www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    Also visit our Internet CEO Moms Official Fan Page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search!
    ~Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That sucks, Mama! I'm sorry! I have been looking for work at home leads FOREVER, but I haven't found anything yet that doesn't seem like a scam, involve selling, or cost a fortune! lol I'm a horrible salesperson because of my anxiety, and I know I won't be able to do that kind of job. I hope you are able to find something you can do!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm also with Internet CEO Moms. We have a great Team. I encourage you to visit Alyssa's site above.

Best Wishes and Congrats!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011