How do I turn casual encounters into a relationship?

I have been sleeping with my best friends brother for over a yr now and have fallen for him. My best friend doesn't no. At first it was just sex and if he wasn't staying the night we wouldn't touch each other but now he comes over with his sister more and doesn't stay all the time but touches me anyway. How can I turn this into a relationship? And with out asking him what signs could I be looking for to see if it's not just sex anymore so I don't look like a complete fool?

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 3:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I am marring my only casual friend with benefits this June. We where just friends with benefits for 6 months and it did not turn into more until I took him a bar and introduced him as a friend. He got mad I followed him to ask him why and he said well we are no longer friends. We got into a fight that turned into us being in a relationship. So it can happen, but normally one of you has to be the bigger person and admit to having feelings. There is a chance the feelings are not going to be returned and there is a chance that he has not said anything because he is just as scared of the reaction as you are. You will never know unless you try.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You have been sleeping with him for a year and it has not gone to a serious relationship yet? It never will.

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Forget about it.. Next time try starting the relationship first, then the sex..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If he wanted more than sex, he would have let you know in a year's time.

Answer by missanc at 8:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Let him know you aren't interested anymore in just casual sex and are wanting this to become a relationship with feelings. Watch his reaction.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Talk to him, tell him how you feel. There's a chance it will ruin it though so be prepared but the chance of him wanting the same thing makes it worth it :D
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If it's been that long and he hasn't asked for an actual relationship, sorry to say he probably won't. And short of outright asking him, I doubt you're going to know what's on his mind.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well touching is a good sign that he is interested in more, unless he has been drunk or drinking when the touching happens (anyone can get touchy-feely when they are under the influence).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• He does it when he is sober lol when he is drunk he can't control his self lol
    sarahandmark09

Comment by sarahandmark09 (original poster) at 3:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011