If a man is driving 25 miles over the speed limit because his wife is in labor, and he gets stopped by the cops; should he be cut a break or should he be charged with reckless driving ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Reckless driving charge! Women can be in labor for hours even days. If you need emergency help call 911 for an ambulance.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• RECKLESS DRIVING! his right to speed recklessly, and freaked out most likely!, does not negate my or your right to travel safely ourselves within the legal limits..doesn't matter if he was birthing a fart or a baby.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I struggle with this one.  It's the law and in that manner yes I think he should be given a TICKET.  You don't go tearing through town and endanger other peoples lives.  When my hub was driving me to the hospital with my 1st I had to continuously tell him to stop speeding.  He didn't even realize he was speeding.  And it kept happening.  Ahhh, this one is too tough, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Reckless driving... whatever the reason he could have called 911... instead he chose to risk people's lives. Speeding is illegal because it can kill people very easily..
    You wouldn't even be asking if the same speeding driver had killed your children.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree with the others in giving him a ticket. Chances are the officer would let him go--unless of course the man was weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, running red lights/stop signs and other such reckless moves. If he was just going over the limit on the highway and there wasn't much traffic, then I say no on the ticket...give him a warning.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Hmm...where is he driving? Is he in town weaving in and out of traffic leaning on his horn, running 'orange' lights, etc? Or is he on an open highway in the middle of nowhere on straight roads with no traffic for miles around and the hospital so far away?

If he's a clear danger to others, ticket him. Otherwise, warn him and send him on his way.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Chances are he would have plenty of time to get to the hospital so there really isn't a need to drive that fast. He should get a ticket for speeding.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• He should get a ticket for speeding.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Reckless driving.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ticket...endangering other peoples lifes is not worth it.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011