What to pack--hospital bag.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I know I should have my hospital bag packed but... I don't know what to bring!!

Any suggestions of items you brought or wish you had would be much appreciated!! Thank you, Victoria <3

soulmeetsbody19

Asked by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Birth plan.
    Changes of clothes for you, baby, SO.
    Swim trunks for him, maybe a suit for you.
    Lots of food, snacks & drinks.
    Cell phone-laptop-camera gear.
    Toiletries.
    Birth doula.

:-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i packed a pair of cloths for me, hubby and babe, a book, toothbrush and other such things, camera, vid camera, slippers, and a few dvds.
    KittyTussand

Answer by KittyTussand at 3:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I packed a bag around my 39th week (maybe 40th), I was not all that pressed about it. I just stuffed the diaper bag I got at my shower with a change of clothes for ME to wear home because I knew that I could just wear a couple hospital gowns while I was stuck there, a crossword puzzle book and hand held game ( i did not have my laptop yet or I would have brought that too). Although I wound up being stuck in the joint for like 4 or 5 days because I smoked pot while prego (and YES I would do it again!!!!!). SO was with me the entire process but went to work ASAP, and I did not care about him anyway (it was all about me and my baby after all). The food was not that bad in my hospital, I made sure to request a veg. diet (i don't eat much meat anyway and I am super picky about the way my meat is prepared), so I had nice veggie meals and snacks. you really don't need much! and I had less laundry to do when I finally got home!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i'm almost 39 weeks and still have to pack my bag. if you go to the website for your hospital, they usually have a suggested list. and if you take a tour you can usually see what things they have that you may not need (soap and such or maybe they don't have enough extra outlets to bring more than necessary electronics or even have signal in the building.. but i'd still bring a pillow or two and maybe towels)
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 5:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I read so many great tips for things to bring, I packed my bags at 36 weeks, and I had everything everyone had recommended. A bag full of toiletries, including makeup, going home clothes, PJ's, a robe, washcloths, my own pads, gum, snacks and so on. I ended up having three small bags and I barely used any of it. Don't bring your own pads, the hospitals stuff works great, bring a pair of growing home clothes for you and baby. Basic toiletries, face wash, body wash shampoo, toothbrush toothpaste and decoder. Snacks for your birth team, and snacks for you to nibble on during your postpartum stay.
    bentleysmommy11

Answer by bentleysmommy11 at 5:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Things as per your requirement....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 5:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The basics, a outfit for you & the baby, remember right after birth you will still look about 6mons pregnant so bring materinty clothes. I ended up with a c-section & the elastic band was so much easier on my tummy.
    pillow
    camera
    i-pod
    phone, which I droped in the toilet the am after opps.
    I brought pj's but ended up wearing the gown they gave me anything you wear right after may get messed up.
    mints & gum will help with the dry mouth after they stop letting you drink.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• personal care products (make up, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
    camera & batteries
    chapstick
    you own pillow if you are picky or want a fluffy one
    boppy pillow if you want to use it for breastfeeding
    diaper bag w/ baby clothes, blanket
    cell phone & charger
    laptop if you want to access the internet
    comfy clothes to go home in
    PJs
    clothes for your SO
    slippers
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011