30 weeks pregnant and mommy to an 18 month old

Does anyone know if it is okay to pick up or hold my 28 lb son? Also, he'll get a little rough on my belly (unintentionally, of course). The main thing he does is go to kiss the baby and kinda head butt my belly. He doesn't really hurt it but it just worries me. And I know he doesn't mean to because he's too young to understand. If he's not really hurting me, could this hurt the baby?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 5:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DD's were 3 and 18 months old when I had our 3rd DD and I picked them up and didn't have any problems. I think its fine as long as you aren't carrying him around all day on you hip and you're just picking him up occasionally during the day. Just know your limits and be careful, you'll be fine.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes i agree..as needed not just for the heck of it, don't over do it, but of course your going to have to pick him up time to time. Good luck.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i always picked up my 3 year old during my last pregnancy it was fine he also would bump into my belly towards the end it did hurt and i couldn't pick him up but you'll know when your body can't do it anymore other than that everything will be fine
    wells2811

Answer by wells2811 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my best friend had her daughters 14 months apart and she used to carry her oldest around all the time when she was pregnant...normally a pregnant woman can carry up to 35 to 40 pounds for short spurts and be okay you just have to know your limits and if you start hurting or feeling uncomfortable its time to put him down...my friends little girl would plop down on her when she was loving on her belly and it doesnt hurt the baby because baby is protected better than you think inside your belly so as long as you dont feel any pain or discomfort try showing him how to be gentle when kissing your tummy and eventually he wont be as rough and you will feel a little better about it
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011