Braxton Hicks

What do they feel like and where do you feel them at? I feel stupid for asking such a question lol

starcrystal_09

Asked by starcrystal_09 at 5:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• they are usually painless and basically its your tummy tighting up, i really dont remember them with first, the only thing i remember with my 1st was my husband and i went out to eat 1 week before my son was born and my stomach started to tighten and my lower back got a dull pain and i felt like i had to go potty number 2, i was like that the whole time i couldnt eat so we just left and as i started out the door the pain got so bad that i couldnt walk my husband took me to hospital and sure enough i was having contractions and dialating, i was there for about 5 hrs cuz i stopped after about being there for 2hrs, and my dr told me to take it easy and put me on bedrest and about 5 days later my son was here.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 5:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• they happen in your upper part of your tummy where regular contractions are normally lower in your tummy...they are painless in the beginning it just feels like your tummy is tightening like the baby moved into a spot and got stuck or it could also feel a little uncomfortable for you..it can cause your back to hurt just a little because of the tightening on your front but they dont usually last long and you get so used to them that by the time you get to having real contractions you are so used to the tightening you cant tell the difference...im speaking from how im feeling today lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You should never feel stupid for asking a question. But this is one that I cant answer
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011