Does anyone have a child with ADHD?

How long have you known about it? Do you use medication or an alternative method?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I do, my 8 yr old has it, we have known for about 6 months, but the school thought he had it for over a year. I didn't want him on any meds but i decided to try it and it really made so much difference, he is still the same kid, he is just not bouncing off the walls and can pay attention alot better at school.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thankfully no........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son was diagnosed at 10. The only "treatment" offered was medication but I was not willing to go that route. I was able to rid him of his diagnosis using a biomedical approach (vitamin/mineral supplementation and specialized diet).
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son was diagnosed at 10 yrs old, he was on meds for 4 years. He is 14 now and doesn't want to take the meds, so we stopped. He is doing ok in school and as long as he continues that way and doesn't get in trouble, then he can stay off the meds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my son is 9 and has been diagnosed since 7. He takes medication called vyvanse, works well. he does good in school with focusing except hes going through a crazy LAZY stage and not wanting to do his work lately. But hes calmer and thinks clearer. we didnt want to use meds at first but we tried and so far so good!
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My five year old has ADHD along with autism he is on Vvyanse right now.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2011