Should I say something..

My friend since Highschool (17 yrs), said that she would be a witness in our adoption case (my husband is adopting my boys, father contested). Anyways yesterday was our pre-trial and it led to a trial in July. She said she would be a witness months ago. Well when I gave her the date she said she can't make it because she has tickets to see a concert in a town 3 hours away the night before. I already put her down on the paperwork. Therefor she is NOT going to be there to support my family. As a friend would you forget the concert and go help someone you know?. I have a feeling she would drop the concert for someone else. (were not really that close anymore). Should I say something to her, or just have her write a statement and shut up? would the court accept a letter if she is out of town that day.
when answering remember she had a 4 month notice of this court date, plus the 6 month ago that I asked her. I am so pissed,

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• OMG! There is no way I would tell a friend I "couldn't" follow through on what I promised for her child's ADOPTION because I had a concert to attend! NO WAY. Some people are just very self absorbed, and believe that whatever they have going on is more important than everyone else's needs. To me, that is just insane, and I am sorry it is happening.

I agree with asking your attorney what you should do.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• why can't she go to the concert the night before and then be there for you also? doesn't sound like that great of a friend.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Have her write a statement and have a notary sign it. I think that is the only way that a judge might accept it. Once she has written the letter and the court hearing is done and over with....you should let her know that you appreciate the letter, but since a "real" friend would have skipped a stupid concert to help a friend in need....you no longer consider her your friend. Be done with it. Good luck.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Check with the court to see if they wll accept a notarized statement. Could she do a deposition prior to the court date? Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• So she might get to bed at 2 a.m. I don't see why she couldn't be in court by 9 a.m. She would still get 5 hours of sleep. After she goes to court she can go home and sleep if she needs to. Not a very good friend. Talk to your attorney. If she is on the witness list she might have to be there or be in contempt.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Na it means she is no more friends with you....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• the concert is 3 hours away at 7:30 at night.. maybe to 11? not sure what concert is. then the drive home. Court is at 9
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 7:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thats not a friend u need to dump her I will..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The judge likely wont accept a letter. I know in our courts it isnt sufficient. Id explain to her you need her there or the adoption may not go through and you were depending on her to do this for your children. If she still wont do anything, then your best option is to ask for a continuance or see if you can find another witness last minute to back you up.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i think i would ask your attorney or others involved what would be acceptable. if ou could use a letter, or if you could find a new witness.. id say drop her as a friend, sounds lke she isnt really a good one to begin with.
    Jen.McCarthy88

Answer by Jen.McCarthy88 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011