WHY IS MY ONE YEAR OLD SO PICKY ABOUT WHAT HE EATS??

WHY DONT HE LIKE TO EAT THINGS THAT ARE GOOD FOR HIM?

KEVONNYS_MOM

Asked by KEVONNYS_MOM at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• That's normal just keep trying and don't give him anything sweet, they won't want anything good for them they will hold out for the sweets.. but it does take 5 or 6 times of the healthy stuff before they like it.
    Anonymous

• Because he's ONE!! It's normal for them to be picky, part of it has to do with the developing tasted buds.

Also sometimes they need a food given to them multiples times before they will even eat it...so don't stop trying :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• "but it does take 5 or 6 times of the healthy stuff before they like it."

Sadly it is actually proven to take as many as 15 times of introducing a new food for a child to like it enough to eat it :(.

Make sure you keep the junk OUT of the house and only feed your little one things you WANT him to eat. He can't eat junk if you don't have it.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• when you find the answer let me know!!!
    BethKratwell

Answer by BethKratwell at 5:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I agree, its because their one. Partial problem with mine, was texture. Really picky, Keep with it though. If you don't you'll have a four year old you'll be making special meals for. LOL
    melissap37

Answer by melissap37 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i always allowed the kids to eat off my plates. my friends always told me not to. well now my kids will eat anything i put on the plate in front of the. and just as i thought most of my friends kids have bad eating habits. thats what worked for me.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 8:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2008