how early?

my doctors think that I am going to have my baby early my first was born 6wks early and every baby my sisters and my mom and me have had has been born before 37wks. anyway. my first was a boy and he couldnt breath on his own but he had a good weight for how early he was. How early can a girls lungs be fully developed? they say a girl matures faster then a boy and this time its a girl. please dont be rude I'm 33wks and its is getting close to when my son was born and I'm scared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It does not matter if its a boy or a girl its all on your body and the way that baby grows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i think that every baby develops at its own time so really the only way i think that you would know is when she is born or by ultrasound. most baby that are born past 33 weeks are fine they just might need a lil help. good luck
    Anonymous

• It depends on the baby. I had twin boys of good weight, the same actually, and one was on a respirator and one was not.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My cousin just had a little girl at 30 weeks, and she has a long way to go for her lungs to be fully developed.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If I remember correctly, the lungs are one of the last things to develop fully. That's the big reason doctors generally won't schedule an induction or a C-section until at least 38 weeks, if not 39.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Girls develop mentally faster than boys, not physically. :)

37 weeks is what they want you to get to, each day sooner than that the quality of life goes down. Delivering now, though Baby is likely to be ok, would mean extra hospital time and possibly some procedures needed in the future. Lungs are one of the last things to be completed in a baby, so she needs as long as she can have! Try to relax, though, worrying about something you can't control won't help either or you. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• At 37 weeks, you're considered full term, but each baby's lung development varies a bit. If there's a risk of preterm labor, they will give you steroids to help the baby's lungs develop faster.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2008