what is going on?

ok I have a 7 1/2 month old little boy who up until about 3 weeks ago slept all the way through the night till about 5-530 am. NOW he goes down about 730-8 and is back up about midnight wanting me to pat his butt or snuggle him for about 30 mintues then its back to bed. Nothing has changed in his routine and there is not really any life style changes that have happend, what could this be. he is not hungry when he is up he just wants to be patted or snuggled. any ideas?

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 10:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not really sure. Maybe he is teething and he just needs the extra comfort. Hopefully it is something that will pass

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• babys go throw many diffrent phases you cant prodict them and most of the time you cant change them its just a part of life. does he have a teddy bear maybe that might help he could snuggle with that? good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Could be teething. I know my son has rougher nights when he's cutting teeth - but then again, I have not been as lucky as you with the sleeping factor
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sleep patterns can be distrubed by a variety of things, like teething or developmental surges (learning a new skill like walking or crawling, for example). This phase should pass with time.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing. We finally tried the CIO method and it has worked wonders. At night we give her a bath, bottle, rock her until she is really sleepy but not sleeping, and we put her in her crib. She doesnt cry at all anymore. The first night she only cried for 10 minutes and by the 3rd night she didnt cry at all. Anyway the point is, she doesnt wake up at night anymore. I think she started waking up because she was teething but then she realized I would come and rock her and cuddle her (she wasnt hungry when she woke up either).
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2008