Anyone dealing with alhziemer's in thier family

My grandmother is in end stages of alhziemer's and Im looking for perhaps a group of women who are also dealing with this in thier family....and could talk with me and compare issues...Contact me if this applies to you.

ElizabethBailey

Asked by ElizabethBailey at 10:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• My grandmother had it...a difficult dz to watch a loved one go through
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My aunt is in the late stages also. I am no longer involved in her care since she is in a nursing home in another state. We found that the nursing home is the best place for her. She had lost so much ground at home that it was very surprising how well she is doing in the nursing home. She is happy there and says it is a nice place- when she didn't talk at all at home. I think the extra stimulation she gets there has really made a difference. My uncle only intended to leave her there for a couple months while he regained some of his health, but she is so happy there and as well as she can be at this point so he says he will leave her there. He spends a lot of time there with her as does a good friend of theirs who does her hair and takes her on small outings. Good luck with your grandmother. You and she are in my prayers.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2008