How good a gardener are you?

gardening

AnuMeha

Asked by AnuMeha at 7:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a large vegetable garden, an herb garden, fruit trees and perennial fruit & vegetable beds. We grow as much of our own food as we can during the warmer months, store it & use it to supplement our diet during the colder months. If we have a really good season, I've been able to go the whole winter without having to purchase from the store a single potato or onion or any tomatoe sauce, and half the winter without having to purchase any veggies. We're looking into cold frames now, to see if we can extend our growing season into the colder months to grow leafy greens & other small veggies.

I suppose you could say we're pretty good at this gardening thing...lol
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I kill almost anything...and I hate cactus so thats it for me :(
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't like to be outside, I don't like to sweat, and I don't like to get dirty. So I'm no good at gardening.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am pretty good at it. I love growing things. I have a flower garden and veggy garden in the summer and fall.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I consider myself to be a very good gardener. I just don't have the space right now at my residence to have the garden I would like to have. So, I have resorted to gardening with the community gardeners and the church sponsored garden we use to feed some of the folks here who need help. Almost everything I plant, grows and grows well. I wish I could do it for my own business or community teaching outreach for kids.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm alright at it but don't enjoy it at all.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I love watching a garden grow.....haven't tried gardening in the desert. My Dad always had a garden and I loved picking the crops. Nothing like a tomato off the vine.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I must be alright at it. Everything I plant out in the garden grows like a weed and the veggies are so abundant I am always giving them away.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Not very good but getting better. Thanks to my husband who worked as landscaper for 8 years.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I love it but it hates me (I break out if I try). So, DH does the bulk of the gardening, and he's good. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2011