Where did your husband propose to you??

Where were you and your hubby when he proposed to you?? What was the setting like?? Mine proposed to me over the phone while he was away at work.  Yes I know it doesn't sound very romantic but I loved him so much and I knew he was the one. It will be eight years in July. 

Nikki7474

Asked by Nikki7474 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Well the first time it was posed more like a conversation. We were walking back to the car from the grocery store and he said " so are we ever going to get married ?" I said " is that your proposal ?" he said " Yeah I guess"...I said " then my answer is no, because when my future husband proposes to me he is going to be down on one knee with a ring in his hand....I dont care if its an onion ring , but damnit it better be done right ." I didnt say it angry..more like the conversation was a joke.
    2 years later we found a ring and he proposed to me in our bedroom - down on one knee with a real ring in his hand :) I said YES ! :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• At the church we would eventually get married at. He had it all planned along with my parents. They came to visit and we went to the church. Its an old historic church from the civil war and I am major into history and historical sites. We were leaving and he called my name and when I turned around he was on one knee with a ring proposing. My parents had their cameras out and everything lol. I was the only one not in on what was going to happen.

Answer by gemgem at 8:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• we were camping in the redwoods for the weekend and we were about to go to bed when he finally got up the nerve and ran out to the truck to get the ring. i was already in bed when he asked. i thought it was very romantic and of course i said yes
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My hubby took me out to dinner on our 6 yr anniversary. It was our fav restaurant down by the river. After we ate, we went for a walk along the edge of the river and that's where he proposed. We had a bum for an audience.... this is NY, so I guess we kept it gangsta LOL.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• At a favorite outdoor spot on our college campus
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it was christmas eve..he had my ring wrapped in a giant box. we were all exchanging our 1 gift that we are allowed to open before christmas. He gave me my big box and inside was a little box..when i saw it i just smiled and looked at him and he was smiling so big and had tears in his eyes. I said "what is this?" ..and he was like .."its what you think it is..will you?"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Christmas morning. He brought me a build a bear beagle( which is the kind of dog I had but had just passed away) and he told me to push the foot. It was him recorded saying "woof woof, will you marry me"! I was so excited I couldn't say anything just nod. I also got earings, which is funny because my friend and I always joked about how funny it would be if we thought someone was proposeing and it was really earrings. It will be 4 yrs this May and our son who will be 2 a few days after sleeps with the dog now.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Christmas Day at my parents house in front of my whole family :)
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My front yard.
    At the time, we were seriously just friends, never really dated or anything romantic. I had been at dog training school for a year and we'd been e-mailing, just howya doin' kind of thing, and I let him know approximately when I'd be back in Texas. When I arrived at my parents' house, he was there in the front yard. I jumped out of my van and said "Hey, what's up, what are ya doing here?" "Oh, I just wanted to give you these, they're yours." He handed me a set of rings. "Are you on crack? I don't own any diamond rings." said I. "Well, they're yours if you want them, will you marry me?" My mother was behind him on the porch giggling, it was pretty clear that he'd already asked her if it was okay to ask me. I thought about it for about ten seconds before I realized it would be the smartest thing I'd ever done to say yes, so I said yes. We've been married for 12 years now.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We went out for a romantic dinner, then for a walk along the lake. He proposed to me as we were sitting on a bench overlooking the water. Awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011