Irritating or not so much?

It starts off as my friend who is a single mother and we both get lonely sometimes since im a SAHM and we love chatting and texting almost all day long. I dont talk too much about my kids unless they did something funny and she makes at least 1-2 comment about her child through out the day of what funny things she does. I enjoy hearing how her 4 yr old daughter tries to flush the toilet paper roll down the toilet and such lol.

She started then telling me at breakfast that her daughter had 2 bites of pancakes and then lunch : 5 bites of cantalope, then supper : 2 bites of meatloaf. I reply back (as a text) something on the order of "oh cool" but then it happens EVERYDAY. i dont even tell anyone what my kids eat or how much of it they eat.

So i asked her if she at all enjoyed her meal rather then sat there to watch how many bites she had. She didnt have much of a reply then but also asked why she does it. She told me that she's trying to get a long with the birth father of her daughter and keep him updated on what she's doing and he also asked her to do this and that she wont tell me her eating habits anymore. im kind of relieved that i brought it up and now i dont have to wonder why i'm getting sent these texts too.

what do you think?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Eh, I'd find it a bit annoying as well, I guess. Some moms just like to talk about their kids more than others. Maybe she just doesn't have a lot to talk about other than the kids?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I could see that being a little annoying. I would tell my friend about what my kid eats if I am worried, but not to update.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Kids will NOT starve themselves to death. Kid's seem to live on 2 sips of juice or milk and 4 cherrio's at times and it's normal. Sorry it bugged you so much.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2011