11weeks constant weird feeling in my stomach and sometimes cramping above, mostly below my belly button. is this my uterus streching?

also, i get bad gas pains, what can help with it? im always burping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, it's been a L-O-N-G time since I was pregnant (20 yrs), but I do remember the weird stretching feeling that you've described and I do believe it's the uterus stretching to accomodate the baby. I never asked my Dr. to confirm that. Just my thoughts. Maybe someone here can validate that for sure, or not. As far as the gas pains, I don't remember what I took, but also maybe someone here can help you w/that, too. Best wishes on your pregnancy. It does get better.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• yes it is stretching and the pain will get a lot worse and the main thing to do about gas is cut back on foods that u find make you gasy
    EricaLaShay1025

Answer by EricaLaShay1025 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i personally dont think the pain will get worse as long as you stay hydrated...your uterus is stretching a little at 12 weeks to get used to stretching later for baby but right now i would also drink a lot of water because the cramping also puts stress on your body which can cause a lot of unhealthy things to happen for baby...lay down and rest and stay hydrated and take some tylenol and for the gas its just part of it but try and stay away from the green veggies for a couple of days to give yourself a little break cuz later on the gas gets worse from the pressure the baby puts on you
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2011