Is the recession causing relationship problems with you and your S.O.?

My S.O. said that he's just spending time with a "friend" who's currently enlisted, at her house! His reason, that he's watching her kids. Of course this doesn't sit right with me. And then of course I was told that I was just being paranoid.

Well, my gut feeling were not just paranioa, but 0f a true woman's instinct. He asked me to leave to find work in another state. (I was laid off two years ago & haven't found any full time work yet. The economy really stinks and I'm driving past state line to show up for work. ) His reason was that he was tired of the financial restrictions of being broke all the time, and that he really wanted a better lifestyle. He also mentioned that he thought the change would be good for me becaue he didn't have faith that I would ever find a job in the immediate (50 mile radius) area.

Said in jest - Is this recession really causing people to dawn on a "Every man for himself" attitude?

Seriously - How can a man that I have spent so many years with become so shallow suddenly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• YES, financial restrictions cut out our fun date night and several other fun things we used to do that were just for us.. seems like all we ever did was come home, eat dinner get the kids ready for bed and go to bed ourselves after we lost our special time. Gas prices haven't helped either even free things now cost more.. sucks
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Your SO is an ass and is clearly cheating. I am so sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well, it can cause some problems, but in your case, sounds like he is up to something he shouldn't be. :(
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• we are military, and we are still doing the same, which is well, sorry hun!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No, we haven't noticed any change in the past couple of years.

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011