After labor food

when i had my son my brother text me 20 minutes after "ok what outside food do you want?" i wasn't hungry but i was thristy so i got a strawberry fruiteze from taco bell. what was the first thing you wanted after child birth? who brought it to you?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i actually craved hospital food after i had my babies. after the first, she was vaginal so i was allowed honey crackers and apple juice. damn, that was the best meal i ever had after being in labor for 22 hours and allowed nothing but ice chips. my other two were cesareans so i was only allowed clear liquids after the first several hours. when they brought me the menu's to decide what meal i wanted, i think i checked off the fattiest meals that were available. LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• With my first I had been in labor for 50 hours and then the hour of pushing while they starved me. When I called my dad to tell him I had delivered (his first grand baby), I asked him to get me some McDonalds on his way. He was so excited to see the baby that he asked me if he could go back out and get it later...on no uncertain terms, I let him know that he better have that McDonalds when he got there!

I honestly don't think it was the McDonalds. I think I would have eaten the bag it came in at that point. I was starving.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• after my dd i wanted a chili cheese hot dog from sonic, my mom brought it to me
    after my ds i wanted arbys...big mistake, i puked it up 10 minutes after i ate it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• oh and my dh brought me the arbys lol
    josiesmommy00

• I wanted a big ol cheese burger.. something faty. we had my new daughter's god parents bring it. it was soooo good lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The nurse. The Dr asked if I wanted any pain meds and I said no just food. So the nurse brought me soup, salad, a cheese burger, 2 cookies, ice cream, and pasta salad. I ate it all! I don't even like beef, lol. An hour later I was hungery again!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• After all three I wanted coffee!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The nurse asked me if I wanted to eat something. I ordered a turkey sandwhich and slice of chocolate cake. It tasted so good.

With my second, she was a c-section and I didn't really develop an appetite until after I got home. My mom made me veal marsala and mashed potatoes and I cried because of how good it tasted! I was ravenous!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have a huge addiction to diet coke and was told by my ob to limit the diet coke intake during the pregnancy :( so when my cousin got the news I was in lablr she picked up an ice cold 20 oz and put it on the counter as my 'focal point" nd put another in the fridge! I dontthink the baby was out 15 min and she had it cracked open for me! If she was not the godmother of one of my older kids thatalone would have won her the honor! LOL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• the first thing i wanted after having my daughter was a spicy chicken sandwich and fries from wendys and my aunt beth brought it to me!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011