How to get on the same page?? adult content

My husband & I have only been married like...3 weeks today...and we really hardly ever (like once a week) have sex. When we got married I had a yeast infection(i'm pregnant) so we couldn't then, then it was like one thing after the next & its just like we kinda don't do it. he works long physical days & i stay home w/ my son all day so we're both kinda like whatever by the time he gets home. plus we are living w/ family so i mean...that is kinda a hindrance as well. Along w/ the fact that when we ARE home "alone" my 2yr old son is always like RIGHT in our faces if we try to do anything. if we shut the door he cries, freaks out, etc. So i am just wondering what tips you have for getting on the same page as far as sex. It seems that every time i want to , he doesn't and when he wants to, i don't. add that to the fluctuating pregnancy sex drive and we're screwed...except not in the way we want! lol -help???

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Thats part of life. My husband and I went through a period where we constantly had sex and now we haven't done it in like 2 months. The kids have been sick, he was sick and I was sick. Eventually things will get back on track.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Because the circumstances are as they are right now (pregnancy, an infection, overtired, toddler up in your face) the most important things at this point is communication about the situation, both of you actively working on the problem, and discussions of future expectations. Such discussions need not be negative in any way, more like a team effort to work towards solutions. Throw out ideas, figure out some babysitting so you guys can have an evening out, or even an overnight away, make sure to make an effort to at least be affectionate with one another so you can stay connected during this period of time when things are in flux. Trust me, if you guys work together, you'll be able to figure all this out.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i definitely want us to get away, that is a big part of it for me i think, aside from the hormones. that is a huge part. i think it just goes up and down up and down and he happens to be at work and im just like sh*t outta luck when it goes 'up' in hormones lol. i mean i sit around all day in pajamas playing w/ my son and making lunches and doing dishes and clothes. its not attractive. no one wants to have sex if they feel like a slob =/
    we don't have $ to take a vacation, even for just a night really, but i would like to do that, i'd like to go to the beach for a one night trip or 2(its 4hr away so its the closest 'vacation' spot aside from the mtns which just isnt romantic to me lol)
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That sucks!
    Maybe you can get the family to take your kid to a movie one night. Like a backwards date night, they go out, you and hubs stay in. Or set your cell phone alarm for the middle of the night and surprise him with sleepy sex.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• lol he actually put that in my phone "have sex" at like 5pm one day, haha. he gets up at 5am for work so i doubt he'd like me waking him up in the middle of the night and its hard for me to sleep(24 weeks pregnant) so i dont think i'll be doing that either lol.....my mom definitely isnt helpful at all w/ it. if we go into our room or something she will send my son in saying "whats mommy doing-go knock on the door, blah blah" its like she cannot be dumb she has to know whats going on
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Girl, give yourself a break!!! To much pressure on sex is not good. Things just are all over the place in your life right now, I was never horny during any of my pregnancies.. added on top yall are not living alone. It will happen, nothing is wrong.. I mean you are pregnant, and i'm sure it wasnt a immaculate conception =)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• lol i know i definitely blame to lack of lovin(haha) on the pregnancy hormones. but at first like until about 20? wks i wanted it like ALL the time. but now i never really do. i am worried bc i feel like we have to do it now bc we cant for 6wks after she's born and then we will be so busy w/ TWO that its like wtf when will we have time lol
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Even if he wakes up at 5AM, he will not mind you waking him .. I PROMISE!
    Set your alarm without telling him, then wake him up. Even if you don't feel like it at the moment, he will really appreciate it and it will set things back into the right track.

Hint:
    Take a shower before bed, then go to sleep without any pants on (panties included). It will make sparks fly whether you want them to or not, for both of you. ~ You just might find him waking YOU up :)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i already sleep w/ no pants/panties lol. (dont want another yeast infection! haha) but yea i do find that im more in the mood when we take showers together :)
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011