just wondering

i know that you can have a period and still be prego but how common is it and it is like a normal period and if you do have your period and your prego if you use a tampon would it hurt anything like would it cause infection or cause the baby harm.

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A lot of women have their periods well into their pregnancy (up until 5 months!). It can be normal or a bit lighter and somewhat irregular (timing). As far as tampons, I would avoid them for the simple fact that they can irritate your already pregnant vagina/cervix. As far as I know they cannot harm the fetus but you should definitely ask your OB!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• A tampon can increase the risk of infection, and I wouldn't recommend them while you're pregnant. Definitely use a pad to collect what may be coming out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008