Falsies mascara

I have the worst eyelashes.  They are so blah.  I heat up the curler, apply a coat of black mascara, heat and curl again, apply another coat, heat and curl again and apply a coat of clear mascara.  Then one final heat and curl.  LOL.  Think maybe that's why my lashes look the way they do? *not a question for you to answer, just sayin'*  I know I might over-do that a bit, but I've always had such wimpy lashes. 

Have you tried Maybelline Falsies and do you think it's any better than any other brand?  I've sworn by Great Lash in the pink and green tube for years.  Just got the Falsies and a new heated curler (!) Hoping they come out good. 

Is there another mascara you recommend?

Oh and if you are gonna comment negatively, please don't :)  I don't really care if you don't wear make-up, or if you think it's bad for you or whatever.

CookieMom108

Asked by CookieMom108 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• My mom tried it and it doesn't work any better than any other normal mascara. Do you want lengthening, thickening, or both?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've never tried that brand. I love the pink and green tube as well as covergirl's lashblast in the orange tube. Both work really well for me! Oh and I didn't know they had heated curlers?!?!?!?!! Where'd you get it?
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I dont use the stuff, but your actually heat curling your lashes????? WTF??? How? with a standard size iron or is there a tiny one for your lashes? Sounds Mighty dangerous to me. Stop using heat on your lashes, maybe they will fill out. Or use fake ones with the glue strips if you just gotta have full looking ones.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I just want them to look long and thick, but not so thick they look weird.  Like false eyelashes without the glue I guess.  Oh and to stay curled!!  They look great for maybe an hour, after a while they are straight again.

I got this thing at CVS today in the clearance bin.  It says ... Essence of Beauty Heated Eyelash Curler Wand.  It doesn't do shit.  It's not like a regular eyelash curler, it's a wand thingy that you place at the lash line, then lift and hold.  I'd take it back, but it was on sale for like 2 bucks.  Normally I use a regular eyelash curler, and zap it for a few seconds with my hair dryer.  Works better than this stupid wand.  haha

CookieMom108

Comment by CookieMom108 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Haha, I've never gotten hurt with a hot eyelash curler.  I mean, it's not like an iron!  Like i said, I zap it for just a few seconds with the hair dryer.  Let it cool for a sec, then curl.  It works way better (for me anyway) than not heating it.

CookieMom108

Comment by CookieMom108 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've never tried the Falsies mascara but my cousin does and hers don't look any different than mine. I use the Mabeline in the green tube too. The secret to great looking eyelashes is to curl for 10 before applying mascara and make sure you apply the mascara to both sides of lashes.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• *curl for 10 seconds I meant
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Gotcha ;)  I do, I curl and hold, curl and hold, curl and hold.....  It's just my lashes are not meant to be luxurious I guess.  I'm alwasy searching for the perfect mascara.  A loooooong time ago, there was a brand called Helena Rubinstein (?sp) at Woolworths.  LOL, Woolworths, I'm showing my age.  Anyway, this mascara was awesome!  It was a long wand type thing that was more like a comb.  hard to explain, but it wasn't your ordinary brush thingy.  It worked great.  Maybe Ebay has it?

CookieMom108

Comment by CookieMom108 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I really don't like Falsies mascara. I bought some, used it once and threw it away. I'm a big fan of Cover Girl Lash Blast and NYX Doll Eyes.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 11:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• there are some new mascaras that have some type of fiber in them and they really make a difference. Walmart has them cant remember the name
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011