Has any one had an etopic pregnancy?

ladies what is your recovery time after having surgery from an etopic pregnancy and do you feel like a woman again if they had to remove your tubes n ovaries??

LoveOurChild11

Asked by LoveOurChild11 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes i have had an ectopic pregnancy. the recovery time is about 3-4 weeks to fully recover and it takes time but u do still feel like a woman.
    EricaLaShay1025

Answer by EricaLaShay1025 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• recovery time is usually 3-4 weeks and no heavy lifting for awhile either
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It took a lot longer for me to recover after my ruptured ectopic than it did for either of my c-sections. I had one tube removed, but both my ovaries are intact. I was able to get pregnant afterwards, so I'm not sure I can help with that. I guess looking at it like early menopause might be helpful - you knew you were going to lose your reproductive capacity sooner or later. It sucks that you've gotten it sooner, but post-menopausal women are still women, right?

Hang in there - I found the only thing that really helped was time. Be good to yourself.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I had an ectopic where they removed part of my right tube. It took about 2 months to feel normal again and 4 months afterward I found out I was pregnant again and had a healthy baby boy. I have had 6 kids total with only my left tube and of course still feel like a woman. :)
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011