How can i loose the last little bit of extra fat from having my daughter?

I was 130 and gained 92 pounds while pregnant and i managed to get down to 157 but I want to loose the rest of the extra fat around my stomach

EricaLaShay1025

Asked by EricaLaShay1025 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• step aerobics or something like that.. please do keep in mind also that muscle weighs more than fat.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Cardio excercise and diet is the way to loose it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Drink alot of water and walk with you stomach tight I had 3 kids and I'm still the same size as I was back in high school just by running after the kids and walking to and from places just to get out of the house!!! and it worked I've helped many women loose their baby fat and back into those jeans they love so much pre pregnancy :)
    shanese83

Answer by shanese83 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• the 3-Day diet - Google it. It's help me in the past and my parents each just lost 7 lbs in 3 days on it. i will be starting it again next week. Its not a starvation diet, and its not expensive either. Most of the food is stuff you have aorund the house anyway.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Aerobics and "dieting" as we know it is not the answer. Eat well and eat sensible. You can have some sweets, but moderate them. Do some aerobics but you also MUST include some weight training. With both my kids I got back to my pre preg weight fairly quickly. Thankfully, I had a gym near me that included child care. I got a book called "Body For Life" which explains how to eat well without "dieting" and how to work out. And don't be afraid of weightlifting. I am a girly-girl for sure and I think the women bodybuilders look gross. Don't worry...you won't look like that. You'll actually tone up all of your body and when you have more muscle, your body natrually (and all day long) burns more calories just to maintain that muscle.

So go join a gym and DO NOT avoid the weight room. It is a little intimidating at first, but you'll get used to it.

Good luck!
    heat631

Answer by heat631 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Make sure your calorie intake is not below 1200 calories/day. Keep your diet balanced, eating throughout the day and getting the right balance of nutrients (go to mypyramid.org).  Also, I've had a lot of success with eating clean.  Here's a link to my journal with eating clean basics.  How much are you exercising?  I totally agree that adding strength/weights can really help, and getting in at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week will make a big difference.  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• good luck most people say they cant
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• cardio
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Plank exercises (google them) work WONDERS for the tummy/abs/core!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2011