Side Dishes

What goes well with Ham as a side dish? I am making Ham for Easter this year and need some ideas please. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• homemade applesauce and scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Greenbeans!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• some form of potatoes
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• With ham I like to make scalloped potatoes and brown sugar glazed baby carrots, or steamed fresh green beans with butter. The creamy potatoes go so well with the ham. Yum.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Cheesy hashbrown casserole. Frozen hashbrowns (2 lbs, shredded or cubed work, or even fresh potatoes chopped up), about 8 oz of sour cream (more if you like), cheese (shred your own, pre-shredded, any kind - cheddar, colby, jack, a mixture is my favorite), cream of ___ soup (I use 2-3 small cans of celery but it's all personal preference), onions (optional, fresh chopped, frozen, or the dried ones, all to taste), a little black pepper to taste. I like to grease the pan (9x13) with real butter. Mix all ingredients, add more of anytihng you want, pour into the pan, and you can cover and bake for a couple hours, leave uncovered and bake an hour or so, or you can even throw it in the crock pot for a few hours (I usually do 8 hours on low, and stir it after 4 hours & 6 hours) if your oven is full! Then lots of veggies (fresh or frozen, steamed) and a nice fruit salad.
    Anonymous

• thanks for the ideas everyone
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011