Shoe-crazed at a year and a half.

My daughter is obsessed with shoes, the more colorful or sparkly the better. They have to be on her feet first thing in the morning, and sometimes I have to put fuzzy slippers on her with her pjs. If not she repeat "oh no! shoe!!" over and over again until you put her shoes on. Not in a temper tantrum way, just calmly and repeatedly. Its funny but I was wondering if this was a normal pattern or some wierd personality trait. Is anyone else's child like this?

alemlovo

Asked by alemlovo at 11:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's kinda of young to be so obsessed with shoes. And MOST kids that young HATE to have ANY shoe on them at all. Count your blessings Momma.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 4 year old loves flip flops and slippers.  I guess it could be considered a shoe fetish, maybe.  Because she likes shoes so much I'm going with normal pattern, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't know any child that young that likes shoes. My DD likes them now and she is almost 3. She has 4 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of slippers. She wears the slippers inside most of the day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh no not at all.. It isn't at all a wierd quality... The baby is so fashion conscious... :-)
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 18 month old LOVES shoes too!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well to be fair to her, she started acting this way at around 20 months, I just round it off automatically to spare people from doing the math.
    alemlovo

Comment by alemlovo (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011