What the heck do I do with jellied cranberry sauce???

One of my Thanksgiving dinner guests has requested that we serve jellied cranberry sauce with dinner tomorrow. What the hell is that, and what am I supposed to do with it?

BlueFrogMama

Asked by BlueFrogMama at 10:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Just slice it up(like beets) and put it on a plate.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It comes in a can. I usually keep it in the refrigerator, then open the can and cut it in slices. They sell it with cranberries and without. It's a very common Thanksgiving food.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 10:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Ocean spray is one of the brands that they have at the store. They probably have it on an endcap at the store. Like the others said take it out of the can and slice it. The one without whole canberries is better. This year im making homemade cranberry sauce.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 10:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• you put it in refridge to chill then remove from can in whole piece then slice (like bread )present it in an attractive little oblong dish rose 455
    Rose455

Answer by Rose455 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You chill it and pull it out and slice it right before dinner. Its kinda a garnish that tastes AWESOME in small amounts.....yummmm now I want it.
    gypsydancer7

Answer by gypsydancer7 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Just as everyone else said. It's used just like chutney - as a sweetish topping for the turkey.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Do you usually serve home made cranberry sauce or none at all?

I love the smooth jellied cranberry sauce in cans - there is also canned stuff with cranberry lumps in it. You just open the can, slide it out onto a plate, (it will be in the shape of the can LOL) and slice it up. Very good to take a bite of the cranberry sauce and some turkey or stuffing at the same time. Yummy flavors all at once.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Make cranberry salsa! It is sooooo goood!!!!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008