Re-born again Christians...

Aren't those people who go to church and ask forgiveness for the past week kind of like re-born again Christians?
I mean a re-born again Christian would just have a little more to ask forgiveness for.
Just wondering... I don't attend church.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 12:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• idaspida: I dont make anything and I still attend church. That is not the reason to go! It is sad to hear that all a church does is share scary things! I love my church because it never does that!
    I believe that there is no such thing as a re-born again. I do believe there are Prodigal sons and daughters who recommit their lives or return to the heart of Jesus.
    Forgiveness has to do with repentence.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Re-born is more like re-commiting your life to Christ. Like after asking Jesus to be your personal savior, but falling away from. Him for some time. Asking for forgiveness should be a daily thing, as no one is perfect and we are all sinners.
    klk04

Answer by klk04 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Exactly what klk04 said.

Asking forgiveness isn't the same thing as recommitting or reaccepting Christ into your life.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nah, to be born again means to have a metanoia ( a life-changing transformation)....it doesn't mean you are now perfect and without sin.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't believe in re-born again Christians. Some stray from their path but usually find their way back that is how I see it. I also don't believe you can party all week and do stupid things then ask for forgiveness and go about your marry way. That is not what it is about. Not all do that but i know plenty who do
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Re born means you have let God back into your life. Those people who party all week then ask for forgiveness are not even living a christian life. There is a difference between backsliding then asking for forgiveness and knowingly committing the sin and thinking its all a ok.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree with these ladies who said it's like rededicating yourself to Christ...

"I also don't believe you can party all week and do stupid things then ask for forgiveness and go about your marry way. That is not what it is about. Not all do that but i know plenty who do" jujubean1979200

I agree with you jujubean...IMO people like that may not actually be true Christians, those who really accept the Lord as their Savior are supposed to repent and turn from sin, we all sin, of course, but we're supposed to change, not continue doing whatever we want and sinning constantly...the Bible says we'll be known by our fruits...when someone has no fruit and doesn't exhibit Christ-like behavior, they should really evaluate their faith...
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 5:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Wow Ok. Yeah... my Mom says she doesn't believe in re-born again Christians either. I went to church with her growing up, but I don't go now because some of what they say is pretty darn scarey! Plus I don't make enough to be giving to a church.
    Am thankful my life is dull!!!
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011