Best way to shop with 3 kids? ideas?!

my daughters is 5.. she is a good helper listens well!..

so im trying to figure out what would be easier for my little ones.. 17 months old & 3 weeks old. I NEED to go to the grocery today & I would like to stop at the store & get some shoes.... I have strollers.. but who should go in which? I hate using our double.. I also have a baby sac.. but I think the 3 week old is way too little for it--should I invest in a sling for him? .... or just stick the 17 month old in the sac, and but the little guy in the stroller? lol

thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• two carts! pull one and push the other.. i know it sucks but that might be the best bet for now.. just make sure they are in right
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• YES! Invest in a sling/wrap, it will free both of your hands. Always keep the baby on your person, it keep strange fingers out of their faces, and off of their hands (BIGGEST pet peeve about taking a new baby in public- strangers feeling they have the right to touch it). Keep the 17 month old in a stroller, and have your 5 year old help entertain him/her and shop.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would by pass the shoe store, and hopefully the store has one of those fire truck carts, the baby can stay in her carrier, and the little ones could ride in the truck,, god bless you, I can't stand to take 1 with me,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• baby sac? You mean a bjorn? A carrier? as long as he has head support, you can go ahead and use it... A sling/wrap is much better, and properly positions them, which a carrier doesn't.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ive by passed the shoe store the last few months!! lol!! i cant do it anymore!! ahhhh children (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would always put the baby in the carseat on top of the cart, 17 month old in the back of the cart, and the five year old can walk next to you. LEt the 17 month old help you pick out groceries and such (or let her think she is helping. Also my kids loved those kiddie carts and they can actually hold quite a few groceries if that's an option for your 5 year old? I am so glad those days are over for me! i SURVIVED! yes!!!!! hAHAHA, my youngest is 4 now. But it's still not fun to take 3 teenagers and an8 and 4 year old to the store. :) Good luck!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have been there and what I do is park next to the cart corral and from there put the toddler in the seat and the carseat in the cart or front carrier and have the oldest be your helper. Also invest in a double stroller, it is an adjustment but you will be an old pro in no time! just always park next to the cart corral
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Could you order the shoes online? I do almost all of my shoe shopping there now!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sling or moby for the 3 week old, cart for the 17mo old and walk for the 5 yr old.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Wear the baby, put the toddler in the seat of a shopping cart and the 5 year old walks next to you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011